In difficult times how do we encourage positive behaviour and action?
Perhaps it’s by what examining really matters and begin to work from the inside out, so we have to start with ourselves,so what really matters
So does trust really matter?
“The speed of trust” by Steven Covey Jnr, contests that trust matters because from it all else grows. He describes how organisations work in terms of waves of trust that start with the individual and end up being global. He describes how it all starts with inner trust, first wave self trust consistent behaviour which has “4 cores of credibility”
I believe that intent shines out it positions our behaviour and affects what others think and subsequently act in relation to us. Having a positive intent shows where we are coming from
- It grows out of character
- We judge ourselves by our intent
- We judge others by their behaviour
- Our perception of intent has a huge impact on trust
- People often distrust us because of the conclusions they draw about what we do
- It is important for us to actively influence the conclusion others draw by declaring our intent
This is a really great way of starting to have positive behaviour if we can’t think of ourselves as someone who we could trust then how can we begin to trust others